Friday, January 26, 2007

2006 The Year of Diversity in Comics


















January 4th, 2007
by Loren R. Javier

Blogging is such an interesting thing. There are so many of us out there on the blogosphere, all trying to get our thoughts out there and, if we’re lucky, build a readership. In July, after different attempts at blogging, I decided to refocus on diversity in comic books. I’ve had an invested interest in seeing diversity in media in general, having always searched for images of myself, an out gay Asian American man. It was a unique topic that I felt one could write volumes on and, thankfully, I’ve found that this is the case. Thus, ONE DIVERSE COMIC BOOK NATION was born. Over the last six months, I’ve looked at different topics such as Marvel’s Wedding of the Century between Black Panther and Storm, offered suggestions about diversifying the Birds of Prey, shared my experiences on being an openly gay man in a comic book store, and explored what it would be like to bring Milestone comics back. It’s been a great experience.

Click here for full artcle

No comments: