Monday, February 12, 2007

Score One for Mr Obama



Australian Prime Minister John Howard said in an interview Saturday, essentially, that the terrorists would be praying for Obama and the Democrats to win.






Obama responded by telling Howard that if he wants to “fight the good fight” in Iraq he’d better send in more troops.

“I think it’s flattering that one of George Bush’s allies on the other side of the world started attacking me the day after I announced,” Mr Obama told reporters in the mid-western US state of Iowa.


“I would also note that we have close to 140,000 troops in Iraq, and my understanding is Mr Howard has deployed 1400, so if he is ... to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest that he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them to Iraq.


“Otherwise it’s just a bunch of empty rhetoric.”

Thanks Barack, for saying what the average American would say, because its more palatable to to see and hear about deaths everyday when they are not your countrymen

No comments: