A simple 15-minute writing task at the start of the school year was enough to significantly improve the grades of black students and close 40 percent of the "achievement gap" with white students in one suburban school, researchers said
Researchers said the results, though surprising, seemed to be consistent with previous studies hinting that small interventions sometimes can make a big difference in student performance. Click here to read the entire article
Teaching your child to use the power of Affirmations at a young age is one of the best gifts you can ever give them.
Although we start life with simple, childlike faith, we become programmed by limited, negative thinking. Teach your children to clear their minds of worry and think happy, positive thoughts before going to school or any time during the day.
Click here for moreSample Affirmations
- I deserve to be happy and successful
- I have the power to change myself
- I can forgive and understand others and their motives
- I can make my own choices and decisions
- I am free to choose to live as I wish and to give priority to my desires
- I can choose happiness whenever I wish no matter what my circumstances
- I am flexible and open to change in every aspect of my life
- I act with confidence having a general plan and accept plans are open to alteration
- It is enough to have done my best
- I deserve to be loved
A list of worthwhile books on the subject of affirmations for teens click here
Check out footage from the panel discussion and get an inside view of Comic Con International right here Video courtesy of blokhedz.tv
Play with Your Selves
Check out 120seconds.com
everything from Pole Licking to, just check it out
at vectorpark.com you are asked to choose between three
interactive environments. the surrealism is hypnotising.
it is definitely worth a look. pick the first environment,
it’s the best one. click here