I was visiting Gapingvoid.com a really cool site
and came across this blog
Here are some tips that have worked for me over the years:1. Ignore everybody.
2. The idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to change the world.
3. Put the hours in.
4. If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
5. You are responsible for your own experience.
6. Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.
7. Keep your day job.
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
9. Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
10. The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.
11. Don't try to stand out from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether.
12. If you accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.
13. Never compare your inside with somebody else's outside.
14. Dying young is overrated.
15. The most important thing a creative person can learn professionally is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to do, and what you are not.
16. The world is changing.
17. Merit can be bought. Passion can't.
18. Avoid the Watercooler Gang.
19. Sing in your own voice.
20. The choice of media is irrelevant.
21. Selling out is harder than it looks.
22. Nobody cares. Do it for yourself.
23. Worrying about "Commercial vs. Artistic" is a complete waste of time.
24. Don�t worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
25. You have to find your own schtick.
26. Write from the heart.
27. The best way to get approval is not to need it.
28. Power is never given. Power is taken.
29. Whatever choice you make, The Devil gets his due eventually.
30. The hardest part of being creative is getting used to it.
31. Remain frugal.To read the entire article click here
Q: What is creativity?
A: The process starts with a person - an artist, musician, inventor or even someone who's trying to figure out a better way of doing a task at work or at home. That person must think about the problem or their project in a novel way and then come up with a solution. The creative process can go by in a flash or it can take years. But the end result, Andreasen says, is the production of something new and useful, such as the automobile, or beautiful, such as a painting by Vincent van Gogh.
JOHANNESBURG,- Using illustrations of South African Sign Language instead of speech bubbles, a new comic book is reaching out to the deaf community with messages about HIV and AIDS, sexual violence and sexual rights.
The 14-page 'Are Your Rights Respected?' follows a group of friends attending deaf school as they learn about their sexuality, how to protect themselves from HIV, their rights to health and education, and how to deal with sexual abuse
Are you a crafts person sick of technology getting in the way of progress? Then here is the time piece for you
The Lorenz butterfly is significant becasue it illustrates the concept of "sensitive dependence upon initial conditions." What am I talking about?
My how times have changed
Self-defence with a Walking-stick:
The Different Methods of Defending Oneself with a Walking-Stick or Umbrella when Attacked under Unequal Conditions (PartI)
From Pearson’s Magazine, 11 (January 1901), 35-44.